Can a skin tag grow on lower abdomen just below my C section line?

May 2013
I developed what looked like a skin tag on my lower abdomen just below my C-section line. It has grown to about an inch long and is uneven is size and very soft and limp. Can a skin tag grow that long?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Rule out insiotional hernia Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Skin tags can develop on different parts of the body. And sometimes they may grow up to one inch also. But as you developed that, near the scar of cesarean section, better to rule out other possibilities like insiotional hernia. So, once consult your gynecologist and get examined. If that is simple skin tag, that could be removed. In case of insiotional hernia, ultrasound may be needed, to identify the contents of it. And then repair can be planned. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.