Can a dark mole at the base of penis be symptom of HPV?

Dec 2013

Hi, I have a dark mole at the base of my penis. I discovered it a few months ago and it hasn't changed much. I'm wondering if it's HPV or just a mole or something more serious.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide detail with high resolution picture Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for dark mole at the base of your penis. I have thoroughly analyzed the pictures but the picture blurred and not sharp and good resolution to reach to any conclusive point. I request you to kindly send high resolution pictures of the affected area along with certain important information. I further ask you some relevant information from your side: - Are there more of these type dark structure s anywhere near to the genital area or any other site of body. If yest hen can upload the high resolution picture of same taken form the front of area rather than above. - Have you felt any discharge over the penis head along with this mole type of structure. If yes then is it watery or pus like or whitish. - Any history of unprotected intercourse in last few months. The best of the part would be to send few good resolution pictures of the area so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia) "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)