Can a bartholin abscess give a false positive pregnancy test ?

can a bartholin abscess give a false positive pregnancy test
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 8 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

The answer to your question is "No". This condition or the fact that one has a Bartholin cyst will not generate a false positive pregnancy test. The cyst has no hormonal activity at all.

I thank you again for the query. I hope you found my answer to be helpful and informative. Should you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga