Can Plan B get detected in bood test for hormonal imbalance?

Mar 2013
Can Plan B detected in bood test for hormonal imbalance? I took plan B 14 days back. My dermotologist recommended blood test due to acne on my face.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: CANNOT BE DETECTED. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. The active compound in Plan B -Levonorgestrel, gets metabolized within 3 - 4 days and excreted. hence, after 2 weeks, it cannot be detected in the blood test. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Can Plan B get detected in bood test for hormonal imbalance? 6 hours later
I am 24 year old, I have been taking isotretinoinhave to cure acne on my face for 2 months. I stopped it to take plan B for a day in the middle . The doctor noticed acne on face, Pigmentation and hair growth on face. Why did the doctor ask for blood test for hormonal imbalance ? What exactly is the doctor looking for in my blood ?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: PCOS IS LIKELY Detailed Answer: Hi again. The symptoms of acne, excessive hair growth and skin pigmentation are highly suggestive of PCOS ( polycystic ovarian syndrome ). This is due to baseline hormonal disturbance, and the ovaries are studded with multiple small cyst like follicles. None of them mature to form an egg, thus , ovulation and menstruation are very erratic and irregular. The blood tests suggested for this are - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT. A pelvic transvaginal ultrasound scan is also required.
Follow-up: Can Plan B get detected in bood test for hormonal imbalance? 13 minutes later
Would any of the blood tests suggested find out about plan B? How is a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound performed? I am going to the doctor with my parents. Can you tell me some other drug name that has levonorgestrel in it ? So that, I can tell it if the doctos asks. Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer: TESTS CANNOT PICK UP PLAN B. Detailed Answer: None of the blood tests can pick up plan B, please dont worry. If you have not taken any other hormonal medications, then dont worry about the levonorgestrel showing up. Take care.