Can Metaxalone be taken with Hydrocodone substituted for Norco?

Can I take Metaxalone (muscle relaxer) with pain medicine SMZ/TMP substituted for BACTRIM ?
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Taking Metaxalone and Hydrocodone together would increase the side effects of dizziness, difficulty concentration of both drugs. Avoid driving and operating near hazardous areas.

Your doctor should tell you if he wishes to discontinue Hydrocodone/Acentaminophen or not depending on your pain grading.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.