Can Lantus cause backache or muscle pain?

Question
Can Lantus cause backache or muscle pain. I have had pain in my left shoulder blade and left bicep for about a week now. I have used my left arm as an injection site. The last time I experienced a sharp pain when I injected. Now I use my stomach area,but the pain in my shoulder and arm is still there.
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...in few cases it is possible to have such pain at local site.
Detailed answer...
Injection LANTUS is given subcutaneously and it is possible to have local redness itching,swelling and pain at local injection site but it happens in very few individuals only and generally this pain goes away in few days or couple of weeks and hence there is nothing to worry in this regard.
Injection LANTUS can also cause joint pain and back pain in few individuals.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks