Can I use benzoyl peroxide gel bp, nodaxin gel, benzoyl gel and azifast for pimples?

hi Recently, i have developed pimples on my face and i am under medication. doctor has prescribed benzoyl peroxide gel bp, acutret capsules three days a week mon, wed, fri but it didnt work today i went to him he prescribed nodaxin gel for morning and evening and benzoyl gel at night and has given me azifast 500 three days mon tue and wed one tablet before lunch and has asked me to continue the acutret capsules but benzoyl is not working on my skin i apply erytop gel it reduces the pimple. now pl tell me am i on right medication?? will this help my acne problem can u tell me any other oral medicines which ca n reduce the pimple eruptions??
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Adult onset acne Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same. Now your problem is that of adult acne. Adult acne are usually difficult to manage and take long term treatment. I do not see much issues with the treatment that you are taking. My only concern is that you seem to be taking acutret in low dose. My view is that you need to atleast take it in once a day dose. We even start patients with severe acne on twice a day dose if they can tolerate the mild side effects and then slowly step in down once there is decrease in the active acne lesions. I think you should discuss it with your treating dermatologist. The combination of acutret with azifast is an effective one and should be continued. I would like to know since when are you taking acutret? As far as the topical therapy is concerned, once you start with optimum dose of acutret, not many topical drugs need to be applied. You can however use erytop in the morning and benzoyl peroxide at night. This should help you . Also , I would like you to follow certain precautions:  1. Avoid using any oily creams or lotions over face as much as possible. you can however use oil free moisturizers.  2. Wash your face frequently inorder to keep it dry . You can use a salicylic acid based facewash like saliwash. 3. Drink plenty of water . 4. Try to avoid eating dry fruits.  5.Avoid touching or squeezing of pimples . 6. Avoid Hair oil . 7. Always use a sunscreen (SPF> 26) when going out in the sun. Hope it helps If you have any other queries, please ask. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul MD( Dermatology)
Follow-up: Can I use benzoyl peroxide gel bp, nodaxin gel, benzoyl gel and azifast for pimples? 1 hour later
hi doctor, thanks for the reply. and thanks for suggesting on intake of food. iam using acutret 20mg since 12-11-13. thrice a week but its not reducing the eruption or the puss or the redness of the pimples. it had not dried also. so i took an appointment today and he has prescribed azifast 500 and also he as asked me to apply nadoxin gel as am a working lady i cant apply erytop to work. and he has given me moiz facewash too. now tell me shall i take acutret daily for the pimples to dry and bring down the redness.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Correct dose of isotretinoin Detailed Answer: Hi again, As far acutret is concerned, you have just taken it for two weeks yet. We really do not expect any dramatic results in such a short time. Acutret is by far the best drug that we have for acne at present. But it needs atleast a month to show its results. See it causes side effect like dryness of skin or redness which are actually minor. To prevent such side effects, dermatologists try to start this drug at the minimum possible dose and then step it up if the patient is comfortable. I think you can continue with the same dose for two weeks more. If after two weeks you still feel that the effect are not as expected, you can start once a day dose on 20 mg. Also I hope that your doctor must have advised you regarding contraception during its intake. I hope you glue completed your family . Other topical drugs are fine and you can continue application of nadoxin and take azifast as advised. Hope it helps If you have any other queries, please ask Dr Geetika Paul