Can I take toradol and hydrocodone together for migraine?

Can I take toradol and hydrocodone together for migraine that hasn't went away in two days? My normal migraine medicine didn't really work which is relpax.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 minutes later

For acute attack of migraine still the best drugs are NSAIDs like Ibuprofen, Naproxen. I suggest you to try with Brufen 600mg first. I am not sure if you had ever tried it in the recent time. I also suggest a PRILOSEC OTC (Omeprazole) for a week. This keeps you away from gastritis. If you are having pain since two days you will have a lot of stress, medication induced gastritis as well.

Replax (triptan group) are mainly used for prevention of migraine attack and may not be suitable for acute attack.

The problem with toradol and Hydrocodone are they have high side effect profile. If you were my patient I would delay this combination prescription.

Let me assist you further if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Can I take toradol and hydrocodone together for migraine? 2 hours later
Thank you. No i have not trird your suggestion. I have taken relpax whiich normslly helps but with this migraine it hasnt helped. I have only taken 1 hydrocone. When i have been to et in the past i think they gsve me Ibuprofen or a generic form of it.. I am currently takibg prilosec for reflux. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
Good, first try Ibuprofen 600mg first. If it does not help take a combination of Ibuprofen plus Tylenol 200mg. You can take Ibuprofen 800mg alone as well as maximum dose on half filled stomach. So go up the dose slowly.

Relaxation, choose noiseless and dark room and sleep for an hour whenever you have an attack.

Try to find the precipitors of migraine and avoid them. YOu have to compulsorily maintain headache dairy to keep a record of time, date and event that caused headache. You will easily understand the precipitates. Sleeplessness, moderate to severe stress, delayed meal, dehydration are common causes.

Please close the discussion if you have no more queries.