Can I take dicloxacillin for cold?
User rating for this question
can I take dicloxacillin to help with a cold?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is not a good idea. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. It is not a good idea. Cold in great majority is caused by viral infection. Antibiotics are completely ineffective against viruses. Moreover, when taking antibiotics for viral infection, you impair your immune system (intestinal bacteria are the part of it, taking antibiotic, you kill this bacteria). There is no treatment for cold. Your immune system will deal with it by its own. All you need is rest. In case of fever, paracetamol or aspirine can be helpful along with vitamin C. If you wont get better in few days, pleas visit your doctor who should decide about antibiotic intake. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Having common cold and taking citalopram
- Butter milk paste for hyperpigmentation
- Have cold hands take metformin
- Gas stomach butterfly feeling
- Can i take dicloxacillin for cold
- Feel of fullness in ear including tittinus
- Feels like food is in ear tube
- Feel fluid moving around in ear
- Feeling of warm fluids running in ears
- Taking stress test with a cold
- Can i take nyquil cold medicine for common cold ?
- Butterfly feeling in chest and sore throat
- Neck fat pad under ear
- Herpes and buttcrack rashes
- Butterflies in chest right side