Can I take darvuset and tessalon together?

Can I take darvuset and tessalon together? I was diagnosed with bronchitis and I'm hAving severe back and neck pain! I feel like the ibruprofen is not working!
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: CT/MRI scan of neck spine is required. Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. YES. You can take both medications together. Neck pain and backache may be due to either, disc herniation/narrowing of spinal canal causing compression over the nerves; or, spasm of the muscles of back and neck following repeated coughing due to bronchitis. If CT/MRI scan rules out the defect of the neck spine, a short course of anti-inflammatory drug + a muscle relaxant will relieve you of the pain. Addition of a muscle relaxant, such as, Tramadol or Chlorzoxazone, AND paractamol to ibuprofen should help. A cough suppressant will enable the affected muscles time to relax and heal. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal