Can I take calcium carbonate on an empty stomach?

can i take calcium carbonate on an empty stomach?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 37 minutes later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX

Some calcium supplements are best on empty stomach while other should be taken after meals.

Calcium citrate can cause stomach problems if taken on full stomach. On the other hand calcium carbonate can cause problems in empty stomach.

Hence, the best way to take calcium carbonate is after meals. Also drink a full glass (8 ounces) of water or juice when taking a calcium supplement.

Hope the information was helpful, if you have any further queries I am happy to answer, if no kindly close the query & rate it.

Take care,
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami, MD