Can I take Zyrtec over the counter and Naproxen prescribed together?

General Surgeon
Can I take Zyrtec 10mgs-over the counter AND Naproxen 500mgs-prescribed together? I was prescribed Naproxen for my sciatic nerve...I was injured.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Yes, you can take this medicines together. Zyrtec is a very safe medicine and does not give interaction with any other medicine. Naproxen is a good choice for pain management, however you should be aware of stomach issues it can cause. That is why it should be taken with proton pump inhibitor (Omeprasole 20 mg once a day) to protect the stomach.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Can I take Zyrtec over the counter and Naproxen prescribed together? 5 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 0 minute later
You are welcome.