Can I take Tylenol along with Paroxetine?

I have takeb Tylenol yet i wonder i wonder if it will effect me because I have been on Paroxetine 5mg since XXXXXXX I havent taken my paroxetine for two weeks now as I am slowly winding down. Is this is a problem
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Its comparatively safe Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXXXXX Paroxetine belongs to Selective Serotonine Re-uotake Inhibitor(SSRI) class of anti depressant. One of the major adverse effect is gastric intolerance, it also increases gastric blood loss due to NSAIDs(Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). Tylenol that is Paracetamol also belongs to NSAIDS class of drug, but unlike other NSAID it is gastric friendly and does not cause blood loss. So its comparatively safer to use Tylenol when analgesic are required especially if patient is on SSRI I hope it helped IN case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards DR T Shobha XXXXXXX MBBS,MD Clinical Pharmacologist