Can I take Nexium along with Gaviscon and Zantac for heartburn and excessive burping?

Can I take Nexium as well as Gaviscon and Zantac all in the one day. Symptons are heartburn and excessive burping.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acid peptic disease with GERD Detailed Answer: Dear Friend There is no point in taking Nexium and Zantac both. However , you may take one in morning and one in night. But , Proton pump inhibitors like neksium have better acid controlling ability and superior ulcer healing rates. I use only proton pump inhibitors once or twice a day in my patients. Gaviscon may be taken once in a while , as on need basis. It is important that you consult a doctor who can analyses and investigate your concerns. I recommend all my patients with chronic/recurring heart burns to undergo the following tests 1. Upper GI Endoscopy with RUT (A test done for H.pylori) 2. Hemogram 3. Stool For Occult blood. Besides that a diet change and life style change is mandatory. Discuss with your treating doctor. I hope I am able to solve your query , still if you have any query , you may ask me.