Can I still breast feed while doing the lipotrim diet?
User rating for this question
just wandering if I can still breast feed while doing the lipotrim diet
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.
While you are breast-feeding, there are increased caloric needs to keep up with the demands of breast-milk production and feeding of your newborn.
The first part of this diet is significant caloric restriction - this does not sound like a good idea while you are trying to breast-feed.
Until you are done breast feeding, I would recommend:
1. Do not start a significant caloric restricting diet
2. Eat a healthy well balanced diet
3. Stay hydrated (or your breast milk production will decrease)
4. Exercise for 30 minutes daily
5. Once you are done breast-feeding, then dieting is not contraindicated
I hope this helps and good luck!