Can I smoke weed after having a stent put in my heart?

Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Marijuana, also called weed, is  the most commonly used illicit drug  in USA. There are multiple bad effects associated with smoking weed on your body which includes heart,brain,lung etc.

Smoking weed drastically increases heart rate by 20 to 100 percent. This increase in heart rate can last up to three hours. Also, one of the study found that smoking marijuana increased the incidence of heart attack almost fivefold. Smoking weed also may cause the heart to beat irregularly.
Blood pressure increases abruptly and then falls rapidly when a person stands up resulting in precipitation of heart attack. 
All these XXXXXXX effects on heart are multiplied if a person is having associated hypertension,diabetes and high cholesterol.

In conclusion,I would advise you to avoid smoking weed after stenting.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck