Can I pill be used as a contraceptive?

Mar 2013
Hi i am 20 yrs old girl before 20 days i had sex with my bf. For protection i used ipill 2 times within 4 days . After 7 days bleeding fr vagina came for 2 days then after 15 days my actual period comes. Is any problem with 2 times periods after this nd ipill is indicative for sometimes as contraceptive nd is it effective? Pls ans me doc
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I pill is NOT a contraceptive. It is just meant for emergency use, it is not as effective as standard contraception. However if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex, it is more than 80 % effective in preventing a pregnancy. It is also normal to experience withdrawal bleeding after intake of the I pill. SO what you experienced , first withdrawal bleeding, and then your proper period, is normal. Do not worry. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Can I pill be used as a contraceptive? 5 minutes later
nd for sometimes its gud or bad?after period within 7 days sexual relation is gud or not? what chances of get pregnancy which pracaution we need?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Frequent use of the emergency contraceptive pill is not good. If you are sexually active regularly, it is better to use a reliable method of birth control. Within 7 days after the period, chances of pregnancy are low. However, unprotected sex always carries a risk of pregnancy. It is best to use condoms / birth control pills. Take care.