Can I give lariago syrup with paracetamol for an infant suffering from fever?

Dear Sir, My 11 month old daughter have fever from last 2 days. I have consulted with a doctor and she is having Paracetamol syrup & Antibiotic. But i the systems of the fever are more towards Maleria. I just wanted to know whether i can give her lariago syrup with paracetamol. Please help me on this.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is not advisable to start lariago... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand you are concerned. However symptoms of malaria overlaps considerably with other infective conditions. I wouldn't recommend you to use antimalarial drugs without giving a sample for malaria testing. God forbidden if it is indeed malaria and lariago fails to control it, malarial test might reveal wrong result and misguide your doctors. Therefore all antibiotics including antimalarial drugs are to be started only after necessary test samples are taken. I would not press the painic button now. Since it is 2 days of fever, it is too early to test for nature of infection yet. I would be more concerned if your daughter is becoming more drowsy, not feeding well, has repeated episodes of loose stool or vomiting or if she has rashes on the body. Visit your doctor tomorrow if fever persist to be high. He/she can consider testing and decide to use necessary antibiotics if needed. Hope this helps. Write back to me if you need any other information. Regards