Can I drink my thyroid medicine with lemon & honey.

Rheumatologist
Question
can I drink my thyroid medicine with lemon & honey. Or I need to keep a gap in consuming thyroid medicine & lemon & honey. And after how much gap should I drink this honey & lemon after taking thyroid medicine
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follow Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that it doesnt matter whether you take it before or after the lemon water actually but if you will ask for my opinion first take the thyroid medication and then I will suggest you to wait for half an hour before taking your lemon water with honey . It will boost the absorption and will be good for you . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Can I drink my thyroid medicine with lemon & honey. 2 days later
thanks madam Can you also please guide me on the foods that need to be avoided to reduce thyroid. And also though I dnt consume much food I just put on weight. Please give me a good solution to maintain my weight

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, You should avoid some foods that are high in goitrogens include cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, turnips etc as they can cause thyroid dysfunction . You weight gain is due to thyroid dysfunction, as the functions will improve it will settle down gradually . Avoid fatty meals and cut down on sugar . Try to do exercise for half an hour at least 5 days a week . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Can I drink my thyroid medicine with lemon & honey. 22 hours later
I drink 5 cups of green tea everyday. But I just visited google & I saw the update that green tea increases thyroid. Is it true.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, There are no studies to prove this but still I will advise you to restrict the intake of green tea by 2-3 cups otherwise many people experience acidity by it . Dr. Shruti