Can I do a brazilian laser hair removal treatment if I have hpv?

can i do a brazilian laser hair removal treatment if i have hpv and currently having few warts in the genital area will that affect and spread them more ? i understood that only shaving with a razor can affect but how about the permanent laser removal?
i will really want my answer accurate thank you so much i have heard few opinions some of them saying that is ok to do it since is just laser and not razor that will not spread them some said no so i will really appreciate if u guys tell me the right answer
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Well, I am assuming that when you say a "few" warts, that these are small and few. In terms of options for treatment of warts, we actually use lasers to remove them in some cases.

So in answer to your question:

1. Yes you can get the laser hair removal
2. No the laser hair removal will not spread the warts
3. They need to use proper ventilation during the laser removal (so as not to expose themselves)
4. If there are warts outside of the area where you are having the laser removal of hair, talk to your OB/GYN about removing these too.

I hope this helps - DR XXXXXXX