Can I contract HIV through blowjob?

Question
hi I was wondering as a male if I rec'd a blow job from a lady can I catch hiv/253657?iL=true" >aids from her if she was HIV positive? I have no broken skin on my penis?
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Very Very Unlikely Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. From the information you have provided, the chances of contracting HIV from such an encounter are very very small and almost zero. However, because there is always a very small risk, we cannot completely rule this out. Please, always try to get as much protection as possible during any sexual encounter especially with persons whose health records you don't know. I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD