Can 3 to 6 weeks pregnancy be terminated with primolut or pills?
User rating for this question
Can 3 to 6 weeks pregnancy be terminated with primolut n pills?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Primolut contains progesterone. It cannot be used in any way to terminate a pregnancy. Pills such as Mifepristone and Misoprostol can be used to terminate an early pregnancy, upto 7 weeks, quite safely ( eg. MTP kit ). However, you have to follow certain steps and precautions. Consultation with a gynaecologist is a must. THe pregnancy must be confirmed and accurately dated by the doctor, and the pills must be taken in the correct dosage and manner as prescribed. A follow up visit after 15 days is a must to have an ultrasound scan and document that the uterus is empty and abortion is complete. Otherwise, there are grave risks such as undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy ( pregnancy outside the uterus ), infection, severe bleeding, incomplete abortion etc. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for small mural myoma
- Is excess thirst a sign of insulin resistance
- Treatment and cure for toxic shock syndrome
- Treatment and cure for benign breast cyst
- Treatment and cure for cervical nabothian cyst
- Treatment and cure for deficient, ovarian cyst
- Is blood pressure 107 0ver 59 to low
- Primolut depot injection in 11 week pregnancy
- Is dizziness from conjunctivitis
- Can primolut n be used to terminate pregnancy
- Can primolut n helps to terminate pregnancy
- Is deviry 10mg harmful if taken for 15 days regularly
- Can primolut n terminate early pregnancy
- Can primolut n tab terminate pregnancy
- Is copper t cause missed period