Calf injury, indentation and bump. Not painful. Should I be concerned?

i had a log fall into my right calf. there is now an indentation and a bump. it does not really hurt should i be concerened? it happend about 2 weeks ago and i think the log was around 500 lbs.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later

The swelling ( indentation and a bump) you have could be due to inflammation in the soft tissue if the calf. When ever there are signs of inflammation a XXXXXXX injury has to suspected.

I do not expect there to be any serious problem as you mention there is no pain but a minor hairline fractures should not be neglected which may in future cause complications.

Hence , I suggest you to get an X XXXXXXX of the leg, just to be confirmed that there is no minor injury to the bone and that will suffice.

Do apply DICLOFENAC gel if you experience any pain in the affected area.Also try to limit movements and strain in the legs for few days from now.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.