Ask a Dentist   »  

CPAP patient. Taking percoset after teeth removal. How to control bleeding from gums?

I just had a complete removal of all my teeth by an oral surgeon. He gave me pain meds (Percoset 10/325). I understand the healing will take a week. I am in dentures now, but the doctor wants me to leave them in until Tuesday when he can see me.

I still have bleeding and trying to control it. I am also a CPAP patient. Can I use the CPAP (its a full face mask) tonight or should I wait a few days?
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 2 hours later
I would like you to know that bleeding following extraction occurs only if the blot clot is getting dislodged repeatedly.
I assume that your oral surgeon guided you well on post extraction instructions.
I will advise you to avoid biting on hard food, do not poke anything on to the extraction site.
In addition, start will warm saline rinses 3- 4 times a day.
Do not wear your dentures until extraction sockets heal completely.
Also, massage your gums using your finger at least twice a day.
Yes, you can use a full face mask if you want.

I hope this answer was useful.
If you have, any further queries feel free to write back.
I wish you good health.