CLL, Hashimoto's, mononucleosis, myocarditis, enlarged spleen, low testosterone, pneumovax

any correlation with hashimotos and CLL just diagnosed with CLL and have had Hashimotos at least 10 yrs. Had mononucleosis in 1998 and myocarditis. enlarged spleen (15cm). Had pneumovax 3 weeks ago and a lot of body aches/flu like from time to time. My immunoglubulins are down. Wondering of thyroid connection/also have low testosterone.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chirag A Shah 11 hours later

In general, there is a small increase in chance of lymphoproliferative diseases with any long standing autoimmune disease. However, no different treatment is required for CLL with or without Hashimoto's.

Hence you should continue the management as your doctor says. I believe you are going in the right direction.