Burns on tongue after drinking dettol. What could be done?

Hi, I have drank some dettol, after that most of my taste buds are not working. Will they heal automatically or I need to take some medicine?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Chemical burns of tongue will heal faster. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic Dettol is a common antiseptic and disinfectant used for cleaning purposes. It contains a chemical called as chloroxylenol. As it contains chemical it causes chemical burns and the severity depends on the concentration of the solution. However the burns of the tongue tend to heal faster, hence no need to worry. But you need to consult your doctor if the burns are deeper and are not healing or if you have swallowed the dettol. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you