Burning skin on thigh, hot to touch, numbness, fluttering in leg

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
My skin on my right thigh feels like a hot iron is burning me not hot to the touch tho , and skin is numb I also have fluttering feeling in the leg
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 19 minutes later
Hi there. I note your complaints with interest. Are we 'overweight' by any chance..because it is a common occurence when the 'nerve' to the area gets pinched. In medical parlance it is probably a condition called meralgia paraesthetica. Please apply a balm available in the market called XXXXXXX Heat (OTC product available in supermarkets) that is meant for muscular pain but by virtue of its 'counter-irritation' effect, it will help relieve your symptoms (this is as natural a remedy as allopathy can muster ;-)!
Needless to say if overweight, one can consider the appropriate measures eg diet/excercise et al..if not, perhaps a visit to the sauna will be just what the doctor ordered!
Do hope this answers your query & Wish you a speedy recovery! Cheers!