Burning sensation in throat, headache and trouble in sleeping after taking Nexium. Should I stop taking it?

I have been commenced on Nexium Hp7 I have taken it for two days and I feel bad with it I have a burning sensation in my throat and tongue and have a headache and bloating and sometimes feeling unwell in the stomach I also have had trouble sleeping. This morning I had a look at the side effects of klacid and it really scared me. I don't want to continue with this course but I'm scared I may have troubles later as I have already taken a significant amount of tablets. Is it safe to stop or perhaps change the klacid to a different antibiotic as I think this is the one causing me trouble and the side effects are terrible, I did not have a significant problem before and I regret commencing this course. I wish I had looked at the side effects earlier
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stop Klacid shift to Metronidazole

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Klacid contains Clarythromycin which is a safe drug most of the times but in people may have side-effects. All drugs have one or the other side effects.

However if you are sure the side effects are due to Klacid then please approach the prescribing doctor to switch over to another antibiotic called Metronidazole.
It is a good idea to get treated for H pylori as it is known to cause a lot of problems including upper GI upset like bloating and sometimes even cancer.

If the side-effects are troublesome, then you may stop the antibiotics after consulting the treating doctor. It is not good to cause another condition from a medicine while treating another condition.

I hope I was of help