Burning sensation in chest and arms. Diagnosed with moderate blockage in one artery. Are they related?

Dec 2012

i have a burning sensation in my chest & in my arms. this has occurred every so often for 25 yrs. Now i have been
diagnosed with moderate blockage in one artery. do you think the 2 are connected ? I have no other health problems, My blood work each year is very good
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Common cause of chest pain is CAD

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

The most common cause of chest pain is coronary artery diseases (blockage of coronary artery) but the pain is usually stabbing or throbbing but hardly burning sensation. Burning sensation retrosternally or mid-way between your chest is more associated to gastroesophageal reflux diseases or heartburn or acid reflux or gastritis etc.
In my opinion, the pain that you are trying to describe is related to the moderate blockage of the artery especially if the pain is more to the left of the chest (where the heart is found).
It would have been more helpful if you actually located on your trunk which side usually pains more so I will be able to get more closer to the most probable cause of your chronic chest pain.

Hope this helps and wishing to hear from you any time soon.

Dr. Nsah