Burning in urethra, eased with urination, spots on glands. Frequent urination, had unprotected sex. All tests negative. HSV 1 positive

hi, i'm having constant burning in my urethra, it is eased when i urinate. i also have to urinate frequently and sometimes not much comes out. This has been ongoing for about 9 weeks after i had unprotected sex with a girl i didn't know. It comes for a week then goes for a week. There is no discharge. Tested negative for gon, clamydia, hiv duo, syphilis, hep at 5 weeks. Also tested neg for chlamydia, gon at 8 weeks. Also did hsv 1 & 2 at 8 weeks. HSV 1 was postive but neg for type 2. With onset of worst urethral pain i sometimes get about 50 small spots on the glans, they are sort of evenly spread. They don't hurt or itch and don't turn into sores. please help. Also, prostate is ok and i've done an ultrasound and nothing showed up.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
I think you are having a bad attack of urethritis.This is also associated with an attack of cystitis.
It is difficult to say whether it is a result of unprotected sex.
Did you have a urine analysis done?
Please take lots of fluids and alkasol solution three times daily to ease the burning sensation.
Clean the glans top after you urinate.
Apply a local antibiotic cream at the glans top for a few days.Avoid sex for a few days.
Consider a cystoscopy if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Do not worry we are there to help you out.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Burning in urethra, eased with urination, spots on glands. Frequent urination, had unprotected sex. All tests negative. HSV 1 positive 15 minutes later
yes, I had a urine analysis, twice. Neither time found any infections. I'm not sure if they were only looking for STD's or not. I am most worried about the spots on the glans. Is this a reaction to urethritis? They look like mostly evenly spaced bumps that are either red or purple color. They don't hurt or react with pressure. There are many, possibly up to 50 or so.

I've been drinking alot of water which compounds the urinary frequency but sometimes over the last few days it has been only small amounts coming out and sometimes it's very dark.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 6 hours later
It seems you have a serious problem.
Take swab from the local area and give it for routine and culture.
Consult a dermatologist who specializes in venereal diseases.Meanwhile try out the measures i have explained.Dark urine is probably due to dehydation.Increase your water intake.
Hope you recover soon.