Burning and pain in abdomen, during sitting. Could this have anything to do with the vagus nerve?

I have several symptoms that have occurred pretty much at the same time starting about 6-8 weeks ago. I get a burning stabbing pain in my left mid abdomen just below my rib cage, tightening across my mid back, then pain in the back of my left leg from my bottom all the way down my leg. The pain is mostly when I am sitting and the leg pain is definitely the worst of the three pains that occur. Could this have anything to do with the vagus nerve?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
The pain oin abdomen below left rib cage with tightening across the back could be due to gastritis or renal stones . An ultrasound scan of the abdomen will help in detecting the exact pathology.
The pain in the back radiating to the back of the leg is likely to be due to nerve compression at the spinal level due to age related spondylottic changes in the spine. I encourage you to consult your orthopedician for investigations like MRI of spine and further treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.