Bumps on skin, skin tags, molluscum contagiosum, benign?

i noticed tiny flesh colored bumps on the backs of my hands and legs and other spots on my body. They are more like moles than anything else, but are the same color as my skin. What are they?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 23 minutes later

There are a few possibilities for such skin colored growths on the body.

1)     First of all, skin tags and molluscum contagiosum can be possible. Skin tag is a benign condition and you do not have to worry about it. These tiny skin growths generally cause no symptoms unless they are repeatedly irritated. The commonest area where they occur are armpits, groins, neckfolds etc. Molluscum contagiosum is a contagious viral infection characterized by multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug.

2)     Second possibility is of flat warts. Flat warts are caused by HPV virus, are benign tumors of the epidermis, about the size of a pinhead and usually appear on the face, but can also appear on arms, knees, or hands.

3)     Third possibility is of seborrheic keratosis which are benign skin growths which appear as black, brown or skin-colored growth on the chest, shoulders, face or back. Treatment is only necessary if there is irritation.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist so that diagnosis can be confirmed after physical examination.

You can also send me the pictures of the lesions.You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting your response.

Wishing you an early recovery.