Bumps between breast started bleeding. Any idea what this could be?

Jul 2012

hi, im 14 years old, i have had a bump in between my breasts, and it started to bleed today, this is the second time in a row this happned, im so scared and i keep telling my mom to talk me to the dermatologist but we keep forgetting to make an appontment, any ideas what this could be?
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
I read your history & clinical description with interest & looked at your attached clinical photograph. It does not appear something to be worried about. it does appear to me that you ail from a condition called nodulocystic acne & this looks like a sinus tract. I dare say you have an oily skin & increased sebaceous activity. Is it possible that you also have acne? In this case, do consult your dermatologist & talk about starting you on oral or topical isotretinoin therapy depending on the actual severity of lesions, side effects et al, your age factor & taking your parents into confidence. There is no need to be Scared. It is a common ailment of teenage kids but needs to be addressed. Trust this has cleared all your doubts & pointed you in the right direction. Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD