Bump where scrotum meets skin, puss filled. Applied neosporin. No relief. Advise

hi- I have a large pea sized bump/pimple where my scrotum meets my skin. I did shave down there about 3 weeks ago, and thought is was just an ingrown hair, but it won't go away, and it very hard close to my body when I squeeze it. There is a little bit of whit pus type stuff that has come out, now just clear liquid, or if I squeeze too hard, starts to bleed. I am concerned this has not gone away. I feel it is the same, day after day, and is quite noticeable, standing out from the skin/scrotum area. I have put neosporin on it. No improvement.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 12 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

It seems to be a folliculitis and turning into an abscess (pus filled swelling).

If local Neosporin is not helping and it is still tight, swollen hard, you may need a drainage and XXXXXXX cloxacillin capsules 500 mg 4 times a day on prescription.

I would advise you to see your doctor to see if it has adequately drained out already and just swelling remains or it needs incision/ drainage surgically.
Do not handle it too much as it may bleed and also cause secondary infection.
Neglected, it can cause fever, sepsis.
Do you have any fever?

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!