Bump on shaft of penis, sore throat and enlarged lymph nodes. Taking clindamycin. Is it STD?

Hello, about three days ago i noticed this bump on the shaft of my penis, i had a sore throat and enlarged nodes at that time and once i saw the bump i got worried and went to the urgent clinic the next morning. The doctor prescribed clindamycin for the throat and said the bump was just a cyst. My throat is fine now but the bump is still there. I did have something similar on my testicle two months ago but that was 2 days after i had shaved down there so i didn't think much of it and it went away after a couple of days. I am still worried could it be an std of some sort like herpes, hpv? My last sexual encounter was 6 months ago without protection. It is painless, its firm, and doesn't itch. Please let me know what this could be and how i can get rid of it. Pics are attached
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not an STD

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query at XXXXXXX
I noted your history and viewed the pics. I can only assure you that it is not looking like herpes or venereal wart. You may be having a resolved furuncle means staphylococcal infection which has partly responded to clindamycin.
You can try topical mupirocin ointment twice a day for seven days.
If there is no improvement you may consult a dermatologist as unless one examines the lesion it can not be diagnosed correctly.
Have a good day
Prasad PVS