Ask a Urologist   »  

Bump on penis, feels like small ball under skin. What is this bump?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hey guys ca you please tell me exactly what is this bump on my penis shaft???
I Dont feel this bump but when I touch it it feels like a small ball behind the skin
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Unfortunately the picture attached with this query does not open. I request you to upload the photo again in a compatible format.

It will help me guide you better if you can answer these following questions.

Do you have any history of unsafe sexual intercourse?
Is there any pain or discharge from the affected site?

Awaiting yoiur response.

Regards.

Follow-up: Bump on penis, feels like small ball under skin. What is this bump? 11 hours later
Yes I use to have unsafe sex.
There is no pain.
Also I see sometimes like small thing appearing on my shaft and it looks like an acrochordon???
I also have acne on my shaft is it normal????

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
After seeing the photograph it seems to me like a genital wart or a sebaceous cyst.
If the swelling is painless and is not increasing in size then you may just ignore it. It does not need an active treatment if it is not infected.
It does not seem to be due to an STD.
Acne can appear on the shaft. They need to be treated with antibiotics- topical and systemic if they are severe.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Bump on penis, feels like small ball under skin. What is this bump? 8 hours later
wow thank you for your answer
This "thing" comes bigger when I play with it or try to pop it but after it goes smaller!
Me too I thought that is genital warts after hours of reading on internet and all the articles were talking about a cream and treatment
http://www.wartcream.com/

please visit this site and tell me what you thin about this cream or if you ever heard about it

thank you again it was very helpful

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 40 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The cream you have mentioned is widely advertised but its efficacy and safety has not been evaluated by controlled trials.
The efficacy of such products in treatment is variable and doubtful.
There are many topical treatments available for genital warts and these include podophylliym resin, podofilox, 5-Fluorouracil and Imiquimod (Aldara) cream. However these creams should be used only after consulting a dermatologist and can be used at home.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.