Bump on anus,purple,anal sex.STD?

I am a 24 year old female, 5'7'' about 140lbs. This morning while showering i felt a small bump by my anus, when i examined it more closely it almost looks like it's coming out of the anus. It is about pea-sized, no pain, if i stretch it it's almost a bluish/purple color and only slightly red when not stretched. have never had this problem and don't know what to think. what are the chances it's a std? i've only slept with one person within the past 6 months and we have had anal sex. The last time was almost a week ago. Please help!
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 42 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

First of all let me reassure you that this is not an STD. What you have described look more likely like a classic hemorrhoid.

A hemorrhoid is basically a small swollen blood vessel in the area of the anus. On occasion, these can be triggered by - prolonged sitting, heavy lifting, pregnancy or possibly from anal sexual intercourse.

These are not XXXXXXX or life threatening.

Let me give you a few suggestions as far as what to do now. First, twice daily I'l like you to sit in a warm batch in the bathtub for 20 minutes. The warm water will sooth the area and help shrink the swollen tissue.

Next, you can go to any local pharmacy and pick up a tube of preparation H cooling gel. This is a clear gel which you can apply to the swollen areas after each bowel movement and also at bedtime. Over time this helps also to shrink the hemorroidal tissue.

Again, hemorrhoids are common and not worrisome. Occasionally they can become larger and bleed but in your case this is not a concern.

I hope this answer has proven to be helpful and informative to you. I thank you again for your submission.

If you have any additional followups I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Bump on anus,purple,anal sex.STD? 2 hours later
Thank you so much for, I do feel reassured.. The reason I questioned whether it could be a STD is because when I was looking for answers on google.. Both hemorroids and genital warts seemed to come up the most... I just wanted to rule that out as a possibility. Thank you again!
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 14 hours later
You are very welcome.

Thank you again for your query and I wish you all the best and continue excellent health.

Dr. Galamaga.