Bruising and lumps on arm after falling downstairs, not sore, tender to touch

I fell downstairs 10 months ago and still have bruising and lumps on the top half of my arm, just above the elbow it is not sore just tender and slightly sore to touch
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question.

In view of symptoms it seems you had a subcutaneous hematoma after injury. Such hematomas can persist for long sometime.But since it has been there for 10 months and still tender there is a likely possibility of it getting secondarily infected.

This needs a clinical evaluation to decide whether any treatment is needed.Doctor might want to get sonography done prior to treatment to have look at contents of the lump.

Hope this answers your question.