Bruised frenulum of penis, vigorous masturbation, skin peeling. How can I heal this bruise quickly?

Dermatologist
Question

I have a bruised frenulum that was caused most likely by excessive mastubation with a non-lubricated toy. There was no blood but some of the skin surrounding the frenulum came off. I did not think much of it at first as the pain was moderate. I have continued to have sex with my wife to a point where it's become unberable and the pain is getting worse.

I will not be partaking in any further sex or masturbation until it heals. How long does this normally take to heal? Also, how should I take care of this in meantaime? Is there something that can help with the pain or promote faster healing.

Thank you for your assistance.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 5 hours later
Hello.

Such type of trauma during sexual activity or playing with sex toy is common on frenulum specially if frenulum is tight.

You might be having some abrasion over frenulum.

I would suggest you to avoid sexual activity till it gets completely healed of. It should heal in 10-15 days or may be early.

You may apply some antibiotic cream containing Mupirocin after cleaning with lukewarm water.
You may have to take a course of antibiotic, if some discharge from the abrasion is there.

I presume your blood glucose level is normal. You may need proper examination if problem persists.
I wish for your speedy recovery in said time.

I hope your query is answered. If you have no more questions, please accept my answer.

Dr Rohit Batra.

Follow-up: Bruised frenulum of penis, vigorous masturbation, skin peeling. How can I heal this bruise quickly? 35 hours later
Thank you Doctor.

I had a follow up question. It is extremely painful to pull the foreskin back to clean. Do you recommend not pulling the foreskin back too far for a while to let it heal and clean the penis using a q-tip? Or should I try as much as possible to pull it back?

Thank you again.

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 12 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for your follow up query.
I understand your problem. Frenulum tears are usually very painful.
I would recommend some hot fomentation over prepuce that will help relieve the pain. This can be done while bathing. After this, you can gently clean it and apply antibiotic cream all over prepucial skin and glans. This will provide some lubrication and will prevent adhesion too.

You may give some rest to the part provided there are no adhesions.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my reply if you have no more follow-up queries.
Wishing you a speedy recovery and a Happy New Year.

Best Regards
Dr Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Bruised frenulum of penis, vigorous masturbation, skin peeling. How can I heal this bruise quickly? 9 days later
Hello Dr.

2 days after stopping having sex due to the torn frenelum, the pain became unbearable. On Saturday, Dec 31 I went to the doctor and he informed me that the area of the torn frenulum had been infected. I am on the 10th and last day of taking antibiotics (AMC 875 125).

The frenulum is now red where it had turned white from the infection. However, it is still very swollen and there is still significant pain in pulling the foreskin back. The frenulum tear does not appear tyo have healed much. Is it normal for the healing process to take so long? What can I do to aid the healing process. Also, when I pulled the foreskin to clean yesterday there ware a few white bumps on the glans. What could these be?

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 15 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for your follow up.

Every patient has a different healing time and hence as you are saying that the color has changed from white to red, which means that the wound is healing and there is no need to worry. It might take another 4-5 days before it heals completely.

Don’t pull your foreskin too often and don’t use force.

The bumps on the glans can be secretions from glands on glans and there is no need to worry.
The lesions will settle down after healing gets over.

Dr.Rohit Batra