Brown stools with yellow tint. Taking propecia. Is this normal in stools?

Nephrologist
Question
Is it normal to have brown stool with yellow tint and no pain any were I also take propecia as a medicine
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 42 minutes later
Hello

Thanks of the query

It is alright to have such coloured stools. Colour of stools varies from light yellow to dark yellow/brown depending on the content of food you have taken and also on how much bile has got mixed with it.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further ones please accept my answer

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Brown stools with yellow tint. Taking propecia. Is this normal in stools? 7 minutes later
What are some foods that can be causing the brownish yellow stool

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Thanks for replying

Generally fat tends to lighten the color of your stool, if you have consumed a low fat diet then it tends to become darker. Also the amount of water consumed determines the color of stools where low water intake darkens the color of stool.

I wish you good health

Foods with added color like candy and also vegetables like beetroot tends to discolor the stools.