Bright spot in right eye, seeing objects smaller from that eye. Taking humiria. History of RA. Causes for bright spot in eyes?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
age 41
wt 365
i have RA AND TAKE Humiria

I have noticed a bright spot in my right eye. like you would get right after a flash photo.
i went to the eye doctor and he really couldn't find anything.
Now i also notice that everything i see from that eye is smaller.
for example the left eye will see a font size of 12 and the right eye will see a font size of 10
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later

Your symptoms are suggestive of a neurophthalmic problem called hemi micropsia where the images seen by one of the eyes is smaller than the other. It can be due to a significant cause like optic neuritis, retinal problems or cerebrovascular events like localised brain ischemia, infarct or haemorrhage or less likely migraine attack

So I would advise you to please consult a neurologist or neurosurgeon and get a scan either CT or MRI as per the doctors’ advice.

Also, I would like to inform you that there are few cases reported of such neurological problems in patients taking the medicine Humira which is a TNF inhibitor and has side effects like starting or worsening of pre-existing neurological demyelinating disorders.

So please consult your doctor as soon as feasible and discuss the above with him. Even if your symptom may decrease temporarily but it definitely needs confirmation of diagnosis and treatment.

Please do not panic as your situation doesn't warrant an emergency room visit but an early office consultation would be beneficial.

Hope I have answered your query.