How long does withdrawal from tramadol last?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
How long does tithe withdrawal from tramadol last. I was taking 300mg a day
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in,

Tramadol withdrawal can last for 1-2 weeks depending upon duration of intake and dose of intake. It is advisable to wean off gradually. Initially by decreasing the dose per day, then switching to alternate days, then weekly twice and then stop it.

Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: How long does withdrawal from tramadol last? 1 hour later
What type of symptoms should I be experiencing, I feel so lethargic and unwell but have had these symptoms since starting to take tramadol,do you think that it may have something to do with my tolerance level, and do you think that I have done any damage by taking 300mg per day for around 8 months, thanks
Symptoms may include anxiety, depression, mood swings, aggressiveness paresthesias, sweating, palpitations, sneezing, insomnia, vivid dreams or nightmares, micropsia and/or macropsia, tremors, and headache among others.

Dependence on Tramadol can occur if consumed at XXXXXXX dose of 400mg per day for atleast 3 months. But it depends upon each individuals tolerance level. But compared to other opiod drugs, Tramadol has lower dependence. So, no need to worry.