Breathing problem, have panniculitis, taking ativan, bronkaid. Herbs / medication?

i am 60 years old have acquired panniculitus and i have problems breathing due to it are there any herbs or other medicines i can do to remedy this , i have ativan and bronchaid here which helps a bit but i really have a hard time just setting im up constatly walking aropund to try to breathe better i was diagnosed with it thru a CT scan Sunday evening at the hospital.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 10 hours later

Treatment for Acquired Panniculitis will have to be customized once the cause has been determined. Causes could range from lupus, trauma, scleroderma, lymphoma, pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis.

Treatment generally involves rest, treating the underlying cause, pain killers, steroids, antibiotics, etc.

I am afraid, I only practice allopathic system of medicine and am not in a position on alternative systems of medicine like herbs.

I would suggest that you be evaluated completely by your treating physician who can identify the underlying cause and prescribe appropriate therapy.

I hope I have answered your question. Please accept my query if you have no further questions.

Follow-up: Breathing problem, have panniculitis, taking ativan, bronkaid. Herbs / medication? 1 hour later
are there no medicines or herbs that will aid me in my breathing diffulties ?
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 7 minutes later

Thanks for reverting.

Presently, there are no herbs and medicines which can actually help.

If you are having difficulty in breathing due to the pain, you could try taking Tablet Aspirin 325 mg every 4 hours with meals.

The cause of panniculitis still needs to be determined in your case. So you would need to see your treating physician who can evaluate you completely and prescribe appropriate therapy.

Further, panniculitis causes a restriction in the ability of the chest wall to expand and the only treatment as such for restrictive diseases is inhaled oxygen therapy. This is also a prescription agent and you would need to be seen by your physician for this.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.