Had inflammation of lungs. Noticed flu virus during washing. Taken fostair steroid and ventolin inhalers and doxycline. Guide

Hi there, I have gone downhill since before 2008. The consultant advised me it was the bird feathers on my elderly parakeet that caused scarring of the lungs. (re-occurrent chest infections) New consultant, 2012, does not agree with allergy and thinks it is something else. I have just recovered from pneumonia (hospitalised) and tamiflu, they found this in one of my lungs, after bronchoscopy to find cause of inflammation in the lungs. I was too ill for them to do biopsy, but they performed washings...that is how they came across the flu virus. Have taken the emergency meds for that now and hopefully on the road to recovery. I have fostair steroid inhaler and ventolin inhalers and doxycline for a month. I have a consultant appointment in early May. I do trust my consultant and he wants the answer to what is attacking my lungs as much as me. I hate inhalers though, especially the steroid one, as have osteroporosis...on a natural diet and exercise programme for this. Any advice you can give me?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013