Breastfeeding, getting delayed period, negative HPT. How likely is my chance of pregnancy?

I am exclusivly breastfeeding my 3mth old and i know that i ovulated shortly after the 16th of april as i had a pelvic ultrasound to check for retained placenta ( none found) they guy checked my ovaries as well and said i was just about to ovulate. Now i am late getting period but negative home pregnancy tests. I am 90% sure i already had my first period after birth of my son. So my question is , how likely is my chance of pregnancy? Or is late or absent period normal after confirmed ovulation when breastfeeding?
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 33 minutes later

Exclusive breast feeding usually suppress anterior pituitary gland hormones which inturn suppress. ovulation and menstruation (lactational amenorrhea). The period of lactational amenorrhea is varied. Therefore the chances of pregnancy have always been there with unprotected sex.

As you say you are ovulating and you had obtained period after delivery, there are fair chances of pregnancy.

You should consider consulting your gynecologist and go for urine, blood test and ultrasonography to rule out pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will happy to help you.

Dr. Richa