Breast augmentation, heart stopped, allergy to anesthesia, repeat surgery possible ?

i went tru a cosmetic breast augmentation but during the operation my heart stop for a few minutes they rush me to a hospital ICU and revive me means my breast isn't successfull, They say i got anesthesia allergy which is its my first time to get that kind of allergy since i already gone 3 times of general operation 2 C-session giving birth and 1 is galbladder so means im use to operation My question i still want to get my breast done after 2 yrs. will my heart stop again if i will go tru surgery again?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 44 minutes later

It is highly unlikely that the same episode could occur again, if the treating surgeon avoids the concerned medications that were the cause of the allergic reaction.

You might consult the surgeon and the anesthetist, associated with the said procedure to know the exact medications associated with the incident.

In case your surgeons feel that that the procedure can be repeated again, probably by taking precautions, then you can definitely go ahead with the procedure after due time.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Breast augmentation, heart stopped, allergy to anesthesia, repeat surgery possible ? 43 minutes later
I just had ultrasound of my heart today everything is normal and no abnormalities so far since the incident , is there any case like me that went tru surgery unsuccessful bec. of anesthesia allergy that heart stop and went tru again for a surgery after a couple of yrs? coz, I am really worried but still want to get my beast done since there is already a scar in my armpit passage of the silicone bag. by the way during that surgery there is no anesthesiologist only my cosmetic surgeon, they say next time i'll be needing a anesthesiologist next time, frankly i've been confident before since i've had operation Major 3x before now i dont know scared but still want too
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 2 hours later

Since the heart has been shown to be normal, there is no need to be concerned about.

There have been many instances, where in reaction to anesthesia has lead to severe complications in the operating room including death of patients.
But presence of a experienced anesthetist is very essential for proper and safe anesthesia, so that such complications can be avoided.

You can go ahead with the proposed surgery, but after making sure that you are in safe hands, and the anesthesia is not being provided by your cosmetic surgeon but a experienced anesthetist.

I hope this helps.