Both ovaries are soar followed by a clear odourless discharge, have not have sex drive or sex. Cause for concern?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I have both ovaries are soar followed by a clear odorless discharge. just happened yesterday. I have not have sex drive or sex in over a year. started happening yesterday when I wanted to have sex with someone.
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Vaginal discharge can increase in conditions like: peri menstrual phase, during ovulation and during sexual intercourse.
So your increased vaginal discharge could be due to one of these.
Pain in the lower abdomen can also be seen before periods, during ovulation etc.
So if you are not having recurrent pain, excessive continuous discharge etc. no need to worry.
If you are having any of these better to consult gynecologist once.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Both ovaries are soar followed by a clear odourless discharge, have not have sex drive or sex. Cause for concern? 53 minutes later
I am having a sharp pain in both ovaries. I do have a consultation app. for gynecologist on Friday.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

If you are having severe pain in both sides of the abdomen, there is possibility of some pelvic inflammatory disease or ovarian cysts etc.
It is good that you are consulting a gynecologist. After examination and ultrasound the possible cause of pain can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.
Meanwhile you can take analgesics to decrease the pain.