Border line HBP patient. Trace of protein found in urine analysis. Worried for kidney disorder

Jul 2016

hello doctor
i did my urine analysis wherein it shows the protein "Trace" while my cretinine is 1.02. I am a border line High BP patient. does this mean that i m pproaching any kidney disorder? pls advise. al other test are absolutely normal even my ECG. some doctor says it cud e due to mild urinary tract infection.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a trace of protein reported in your routine urine analysis.

There are so many causes of proteinuria .However proteinuria of more than 2 to 3 plus is of clinical significance.

Since you have just a trace of protein in urine and your serum creatinine level is within normal limits it reflects normal kidney function .So do not worry at all.

Mild hypertension at the age of 41 is not considered as abnormal and can be treated with change in life style and modification of your work pattern

Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.