Blurred vision in left eye. Suggest treatment

Ophthalmologist
Question
I HAVE BEEN UNDER A LOT PRESSION AND STREES LATELY. MY LEFT AYE, I AM SEEM HALF UP NORMAL, HALF DOWN CLOUDY? This happened 10 days ago. I AM A 50 YEARS MAN AND I USE GLASSES.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Retinal diseases needs to ruled out. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic It seems from the history that you are having blurred vision or cloudy vision affecting lower part of the visual field only in left eye. This can be because of simple problem like change in refractive error which can be corrected by refraction and correction by appropriate glasses. In your case probably by changing the glasses. However since you are 50 years old and specifically give history of half of the visual field being normal and half of it cloudy, we have to rule out the diseases of retina which leads to this specific symptom. The diseases of retina affecting one part of retina in your case lower portion of retina like inferior retinal detachment. inferior retinal artery or vein occlusion, optic neuropathy... needs to be ruled out. Hence I advice you to consult Ophthalmologist for examination of retina to rule out the above mentioned diseases of retina which may require treatment immediately. If these are are ruled out an optometrist can give correction for glasses if required later. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you