Bloody diarrhea and pitikia on legs. Started after a hamburger that was pink in the middle. Related?

I had bloody diarrhea for 2 days and patikia on my legs for the past 2. I did eat out the day before this all started and had a hamburg. I did not eat the middle of the hamburg because it was very pink.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Radhika 6 hours later

You have provided me with good information.

What you are suffering most probably is from Food poisoning.The most common symptoms will be nausea,vomiting,diarrhea,abdominal cramping,rashes,fever.
You seem to be having diarrhea and rashes.

You will need to do the following tests to assess the extent of infection:

1. urine sample
2.Blood tests (Total count, Differential count,Erythrocyte sedimentation rate ).
3.Stool examination
4.An X-ray of the abdomen or a CT scan

Do not eat solid food while nauseous or vomiting but drink plenty of fluids.
Small, frequent sips of clear liquids are the best way to stay hydrated.

Avoid alcoholic, caffeinated, or sugary drinks. Over-the-counter rehydration products like Rehydralyte can be used.

Drinks such as Gatorade can be taken if they are diluted with water .You could also drink tea with lemon and ginger .

You can take PeptoBismol Syrup 2 tsp 3 times a day .If the diarrhea persists for 2 more days you will need to get examined by a physician.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up queries.